Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's about time:)

I know I haven't written anything in months, but as so many of you know, life with two almost two-year-olds is quite chaotic. Lately I've been working on being "fully present" with my kids and conscious of what I am modeling for them. I have realized that there are many uncertainties and things that I cannot promise them, but I will promise that as far as it depends on me, there will be joy in our house. It is way to easy to let exhaustion and a bad attitude overtake all the wonders of being a family and I don't want that to be the case for me. Daily I am working on letting my heavenly Father make me more like him so I can be the mom He wants me to be.

2 Peter 1 says this...
"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption of the world."

I could go on and on about all the incredible truths contained in this passage, but for now I rest in this. HE has given me everything I need for life and godliness and it is possible that my very character and daily life can reflect the image of God. That is what I cling to as a mom.

1 comment:

  1. Katie & Adam, Thank you for sharing your adoption story. My husband and I found out last year we couldn't have children together and we were going to attempt insemination. But upon praying over this GOD led us to think of adoption. We are still unsure of which avenue to take and I know GOD will put us in the path we need to be in.

    There were several times I had cried just reading all the waiting, praying and wondering. Your boys are beautiful and you are completely blessed!

    I just wanted to thank you for sharing!

    GOD Bless!
    Terra

    ReplyDelete

Followers